At Wisdom of Mind with intelligence building program, our aim is for each and every child to become an independent, advanced learner, with a positive attitude to study. By studying the maths and English programmes and other exclusive programs, our students develop independent learning skills and increased self-confidence as they work out how to overcome challenges by themselves. Through our unique method, children are supported to reach an advanced level of study. By studying beyond the international standard for their age, children are best prepared to succeed in an increasingly global community. In addition to developing academic ability, Kumon study fosters in students the mind-set and skills for self-learning. Kumon is an independent study programme, but students are never alone. Our Instructors provide the guidance students need to take learning into their own hands, increasing their motivation to succeed and achieve.
We have a desire to create a generation of confident, independent learners who take pride in their studies. Our approach to learning is therefore different to traditional methods of supplementary education. We develop children through the acquisition of independent learning skills, rather than teaching in the conventional sense. With both the English and the maths programmes, Kumon's small-step worksheets enable all students to advance at their own pace. Kumon worksheets enable students to advance through self-learning. We will demonstrate how this is accomplished by using the maths worksheets as an example. From preschool level material to high school level maths the Kumon programme consists of 4,420 worksheets. Our small-step worksheets enable students to advance steadily on their own. Kumon worksheets increase marginally in difficulty from worksheet to worksheet so that each student can advance from easy to difficult worksheets independently. Every child is different, and so their programme of study should be too. Our individualised programmes enable students to progress to an advanced level, at their own pace, so they can realise their potential and experience success. IBP (ingelligence building program) is learning for the long run: if you want your child to be best prepared to succeed both at school and beyond, daily Kumon study can make all the difference.
IBP is basically an intelligence building program which identifies & measures 90 human cognitive abilities that enhance learning ability for any student between the age group of 4 to 20 years. IBP is a US based program. It is the only program that guarantees improvement in areas of Memory, Comprehension, Decision Making, Critical thinking & Problem solving. This is a program that can also be a major help to children with any kind of learning difficulties & learning disabilities & children with special needs. IBP Systems is dedicated to nurturing multi-faceted intelligence, and to the creation of the most effective and practical means of treatment suited to each individual’s intellectual need. IBP program is present in US since 60 years and more so it’s a part of all public schools in US and it is present in Europe, China,Australia etc.
- Cognitive skill development in individuals involves the progressive building of learning skills, such as attending, memory and thinking.
- These crucial skills enable children to process the sensory information they experience and eventually learn to evaluate, analyze, remember, make comparisons and understand cause and effect.
- Although some cognitive skill development is related to the child's genetic makeup, most cognitive skills are learned. That means thinking and learning skills can be enhanced with practice and the right training.
- Learning is a complex cognitive process. IBP simplifies this process and creates a personalized learning workbook for each learner. Hence IBP workbook is as unique as each individual. Every individual will learn at their level and their pace, through the 5 important learning abilities or the operating methods which the individuals follow.
- Cognition - the ability to assimilate new material or to recognize material that has been encountered before.
- Reasoning - The ability to take new material or to recognize previously presented material.
- Memory - the ability to recall previously cognized material. Good cognition does not mean good memory.
- Convergent Production - the ability to arrive at a determinate answer from information given. This is used in problem solving.
- Divergent Production - its ability to be creative.
- Evaluation - the ability to make practical judgements or decisions. Evaluation is required in situations that involve incomplete information either ambiguity (gives us choices) or uncertainty (inability to read future). It deals primarily with the practical side of life.
- Faster thinking & improves memory function
- Better self confidence
- Advances numerical abilities
- Enhances logical reasoning
- Improves visualization method
- Career counseling with skill grading
- Taking an Example of Reading associated to Learning: When an individual is learning a task or working on an understanding a concept they would be doing the following for e.g. our brain actually engages in a number of tasks simultaneously each time we sit down with a book and read so there are five aspects to the process of reading:
- Phonemic awareness
- Reading comprehension
- These five aspects work together to create the reading experience.
- As individuals learn to read they must develop skills in all five of these areas in order to become successful readers.
- All parents have a concern if one is not a successful reader.
- Reading correctly is a very important skill for lifelong professional success.
- IBP can assess the child and pinpoint which aspect of reading is an area of difficulty and will provide a personalized workbook to help child overcome this gap.
- IBP looks into every small to big aspects of learning; identifies the root cause of the problem and resolves it.
- Builds foundation for high level thinking
- Remedy for learning failure
- Result oriented
- Assess+ Guide+ Encouragement
- Increase learning potential
- One on one personal attention
- Customized to individual needs
- Conducted by certified trainer or coach
- Personalized workbook
- Periodic progress update
- Intervention based workshops
The program is designed to build the cognitive & perceptual strengths that empower these students to transition from the concrete stage to symbolic comprehension required in elementary school. This gives us 14 profiles for separate learning abilities. The program includes detailed assessment followed by in depth counseling sessions & focused training with personalized workbook
The program is designed to build the preparatory skills to face challenges. Gradually the academic difficulty increases, hence, copying starts playing an important role. For learning they require to use higher order thinking & problem solving. This gives us 30 profiles for separate learning abilities. The program includes detailed assessment followed by in-depth counseling sessions & focused training with personalized workbook.
This program is designed to build 21st century essential skills, the readiness to face the competition by the ability to solve problems & take right decisions. This program supports student’s foundation for success in core areas of their career & helps in employment readiness. The program includes detailed assessment followed by in-depth counseling sessions & focused training with personalized workbook.
- Assessment: The IBP program will identify the student’s learning abilities. Tests are appropriate for ages five through adult.
- Diagnosis: An analysis is generated based on the student’s test scores. It profiles the following areas: cognition, evaluation, memory, creativity, and problem solving.
- Treatment: Personalized training materials in the form of paper-pencil and/or computer are available based on the student’s test results. Low abilities are targeted at the beginning of the program. Average to high abilities are further strengthened.
- Please click here and tell us about yourself.